A Salem home was completely destroyed by fire just before 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
Officials don't know the cause of the fire yet, but workers were in the house on Stone Gate Drive at the time the fire started.
Witnesses say the homeowner was remodeling at the time. She had hired contractors to replace cabinets in the home.
The workers got out of the home safely and called 911. The homeowner was not at home at the time of the fire. The owner's dog was safely rescued from the burning home.
No injuries were reported, but one firefighter was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and heat.
Fire and EMS crews say the fire took a while to extinguish because of the distance the fire hydrant was from the home.