The Salem Fire Marshal's office has determined the cause to a fire that completely destroyed a Salem home.
Fire marshals say the fire at 1024 Stonegate Drive on Wednesday was accidental in nature.
The fire originated in the attic space of the home and was caused by an electrical short.
At the time of the fire, workers were in the home installing cabinets. According to reports, workers reported drilling, and hearing a loud "pop" inside the home.
Shortly after the noise, the home was filled with smoke.
Salem officials say that the total damage is estimated at $250,000.